New York — For her second anniversary, designer Robin Baron plans to celebrate the success of her company’s multi-channel e-commerce site with a sitewide sale for the month of December.
Based in New York, Robin Baron Design is an award-winning interior design firm specializing in luxury design. Baron established his full-service design business in 1990 after starting out in fashion design.
Today, the business includes a full-service design firm, Baron’s Signature collections and a multi-channel e-commerce site that provides a unique opportunity for designers and consumers to purchase selected products.
A glimpse of how his business has evolved since Robin Baron:
- What made you want to develop your design activity? While researching my clients online during the postponed markets in 2020, I discovered that there was an opportunity to create something very unique that many sites lacked. I also wanted to create a modern way to serve both my consumer and professional audiences.
- When did you add e-commerce to your website? When everything closed in March 2020, I started working on pivoting my business to add an e-commerce store to my website. Looking back on the past two years, when we launched our online store in December 2020, it’s still hard to believe that we are now celebrating our second anniversary.
- What made you decide to launch your e-commerce store? Our company has been fortunate to celebrate decades of success in high-end residential and commercial projects and designing for our luxury clientele, and with the 30th anniversary of my design company coinciding with global shutdowns, I wanted to scale, grow and challenge our team to create something new for our industry.
- Which makes is your practice different? I always say, “Trust starts at home” and it has become my firm’s slogan. When I create for my luxury clients, I always refer to my motto. I want to help bring positivity into the homes and lives of my clients, and I do that through my designs. When we started strategizing for what we were considering to include in our online store, we knew we wanted to pursue this logical line, to help create a positive atmosphere to accompany beautiful design. Our shop offers an assortment of assents so that our customers have access to create a beautiful home.
- Where did the idea to open a store come from? Throughout my career as an interior designer, I have always designed bespoke furniture for my luxury clients. In 2017, I decided to use my experience in designing bespoke pieces to launch my own collections of furniture and hardware, which very quickly grew into a range in their own right. lifestyle brand, including hardware, cabinets, upholstery, rugs and lighting collections. The success of these collections was the spark that inspired the pivot to e-commerce when everything shut down in 2020. This gave designers and consumers access to my collections, as well as countless other selected products, in the comfort of their own home.
- Do you still create your own product collections? Yes, I have a new fashion-forward lighting collection in partnership with The Minka Group which first launched in January 2022. I also have a hardware collection with luxury brand Hamilton Sinkler, and I I have several new collections and partnerships launched in 2023.
- Is creating an e-commerce store easy? Was it easy? No. Was it exciting and complicated and amazing, yes! I’m so proud of how we’ve grown over the past 24 months and exponentially to become a go-to online resource. I owe a big part of our success to my team who helped me from the start.
Anne has developed expertise in rugs, fabrics, technology and online retail and brings this knowledge to her role as Associate Editor for Home Accents Today and Editor for Furniture Today. Please contact [email protected] for story ideas.